The new year is now almost upon us. As such it is time again to decide on the new years resolutions. This year I am adopting a SMART approach to my plans. This is the result of my review of last year where my plans were a little vague and difficult to measure. I have tried to be a little more specific and measurable this year.
My New Years resolution relate to my interactions with my PLN and my professional learning. They do not include resolutions relating to my job for which I have a separate more formal road-map / plan for the year or to myself personally.
My PLN related new years resolutions for this year are as below:
- To blog at least twice per month throughout 2016
- To maintain my presence and contributions to twitter (697 or 1.9 tweets per day over the year)
- To achieve Google Certified Educator Level 2 status
- To read at least 1 book per month including re-reading existing books
- To use tools such as Evernote and Buffer to allow me to work smarter as opposed to harder
- To get involved in twitter chats including #sltchat on a fortnightly basis
- To get involved in events and conferences including virtual events such as #appsharelive as well as actual events such as BETT
- To experiment with video and YouTube as a sharing medium at least four times within the year.
If I was taking a leaf out of @byusuf I might describe it as #share , #experiment and #grow
I look forward to 2016, new opportunities and new challenges!
Also posted on staffrm.io here.